I drove a Mini Cooper S Works a few years ago and was fantastic fun, a real little kart! The Cooper works is not far from us near Worthing, West Sussex, well worth a visit if in the area. You used to be able to order a car direct from them, still backed up by the BMW dealer network and have your car serviced there. From my experience of our own local BMW dealer that would be the way to go, like Porsche dealers there are good and not so good, Scotthall Hampshire (atrocious), Vines Gatwick and Guildford very good.

Thought about getting the Cooper D for my daily drive when I bought the Clockwork Rat, at the time the latter didn't have a 6 speed 'box, which it now I has with a BMW engine, although it was more expensive and didn't have as good a warranty. The Cooper SD would have been even better, but even more expensive. We have a fun car with the 997, economy and reliability is the most important factor in my daily drive as I do 20,000 miles a year in it. the Clockwork Rat may be a dull drive (it doesn't pretend to be anything else bar basic transport) but it's been totally reliable with not even a rattle or squeak in over 30,000 miles.

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"