Conny, this summons it up pretty well  but I really don't miss the driver assisting gadgets...well...maybe the HOLD function of my C63 AMG.

Today we were heading to the airport (I'm in Paris right now) at around 320 kph on the speedo. Car was fully loaded and you wouldn't believe how safe and stable it felt all the time. Amazing high speed stability, nothing I ever encountered from ANY Porsche I drove in the past. I got used to the sensitive steering at higher speeds. At 320 kph on the speedo, I was still able to talk to my wife, the noise level is bearable. 

Speaking of fully loaded: The trunk is good for two midsized trolleys, another one had to ride in the interior. Not really what we expected but I am getting the special Porsche trolleys, which (4 pieces) should fit quite nicely. I'm also glad I did not order the automatic rear trunk option. When it sensors only a little bit of resistance, it stops closing. I prefer the manual trunk.

Yes, this Turbo officially has the powerkit with 540 hp but since it is a factory test car and since it is amazingly fast, I doubt that this power figure is accurate. At 320 kph on the speedo, boost pressure shows 0.9 bar. Not sure if this is normal at that speed. Usually, boost pressures at Vmax are in the 0.6 bar range or so but I may be wrong.

My wife and kids are in love with this car, something not happening very often (they don't like the X5M much and hated the 997 Carrera GTS Cab). Of course this "hate" was based on some lame reasons but still...them loving the Panamera gives me a break...from all the bitching about the air in the car or the bad rear seats.

Only downside for ME (the size isn't really that much of an issue, you get used to it fast):  The "appearance" of the car. This is not a car for a small town folk  and the presence on the street is quite spectacular with the 20'' wheels, PCCB and the 911-like shape and look, especially from the rear. The white color of my loaner Is actually worse because the shape of the car is more obvious.

Everything else doesn't really matter, I finally found my family "911".

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4