bhnyc:

I think the 997 gt3rs 4.0 is the last of a breed of sports cars that we all enjoyed, the next generation of sports cars are a different animals, great animals, but notably different.  there will be fun to had with both the old and new generation, but we should just recognize fun is derived in a different way (this is my guess - i have not driven many of the new generation cars).  I remember seeing one youtube review of the aventadore and the reviewer got out of the car and said - wow this is an incredible machine, but somehow it is not the same driving a lamborghini without even the risk of killing yourself, and that saddened him - like i said, a different rush.  

A lot of people say the same about the 996 GT3 RS. I guess every generation have their charm.

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers