zzboba:

Awful story. Unbelievable. You can track a $10 package shipped from China but Porsche is unable to find out where a 200K car is (and having in mind that it's already 11 weeks delayed, they should fly it to you by helicopter, IMHO). Sorry to hear.

If I knew that there would be a problem, I would have organized a private pickup in Leipzig. Dealer however assured me that the car will be here in time. Smiley

I don't care about any compensation (not that they offered one...at least they could have offered a nice Cab or a Boxster for the weekend, weather is superb over here), I want my car. 

Next week is really a huge question mark for me: Tuesday...not very likely that the truck will arrive because Monday was a holiday. Wednesday...I have to work all day. Thursday...maybe but I would need to find a replacement. Friday, I have to take my old man to various doctors for checkups. Even if I manage to get the car on Friday, I have to work on Saturday and on Sunday I leave for a vacation with the family. Great. 

So if things don't work out for me next week, I can pick up my car earliest June 8th. Wonderful. Smiley

As to why they can't track down my car, this remains a big mystery. Porsche has a contract with these guys and they are overdue. So it would have been normal for the transport company to provide some information. All these transport companies have GPS in their trucks, they know exactly where they are. So my dealer's suspicion that the transport company just wanted to fill up the truck with enough cars before starting the transport, could be right.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4