95jersey:
Lars997:
Great specs - even so as we stated many times before - you can't drive such a car in Germany unless you are a pimp! ;)

So question for you, if driving this car makes you look like a pimp, wouldn't the same apply to a Ferrari or Lambo?  I assume you say that because of "over the top looks", like that of a Ferrari or Lambo.

This goes way to to the late 70's and 80's . At that time corvettes were supposed to be sports cars but were no better then a Ford station wagon around the corners, with very outdated/basic technology .

The shapes of the car had something very ' naive' for a sports car ( in the 80's ) and in most movies , you could see pimps driving them.  Over here ( as in switzerland it's the same )  the people who bought  Corvettes were wanna be shows off with not much taste , no auto-sport culture, and actually and very often ' dodge people ' .That's where it all started from.

I think now Corvettes do not have this image anymore over here , at least not to that extent . They are taken more seriously , but you still often see people who drive them, putting chrome rims on them and just cursing around town.

I must say that to me Corvettes are now an option, as the performance for the money is great . A good friend of mine , owner of several Ferraris , even co-owner of a 458 Cup , has just bought his 3rd Corvette as a track car. That's the car he is the fastest on the Ring with , and he is very fast .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm