Thank you all for your comments.  I have made the drive to Montreal at least 30 times.  Flights are available but I only save about 12 hours and cost four times as much.  I LOVE TO DRIVE, flying sucks in the US.  That said I doubt I would do it if I did not have the Porsche.  The PSS9 suspension was the BOMB!  Made the drive very fun.

As a software developer in my real life I enjoy getting out and seeing the country - flying just does not do it for me.

On the way out to Montreal the previous Thursday I left at 5PM AFTER WORKING ALL DAY and drove through the night direct.  I have pics of that but the battery only lasted 3 hours.  On the return trip I hard-wired the GoPro camera for power.

That drive is so routine I hardly check the airpressure in the tires prior to jumping in the car and going.  I do always take a spare tire!  Staying awake is never an issue for me but like marathon running I am certain I have learned, since driving such distances as a teenager, to keep awake.  Mostly I simply look forward to passing the next car, carefully.  One at a time.  I manage bathroom and fuel stops at the same time as best as possible and I am not about to pee in my car, ever.  I do stop at that point.  Heading back for the F1 GP in a few weeks.  Stay tuned.

Living in KC is very central.  I have driven to Chicago, NY, Boston, Philly, Dallas, San Antonio, Miami, Houston, Denver - skiing in the rockies with a 911! 

Perhaps this summer I will go for the NY to LA cannonball solo -

Then again I would love to do the 24 hours LeMans in one stint. lol  Porsche are you listening?