What a thrilling start to the 2012 season ...

I think the McLaren vs Red Bull fight is going to be fascinating to watch this season ... so much will depend on how much each team can develop its car from one race to the next. McLaren is clearly quicker in qualification but over race distance, it's really close ...

I think the Button vs Hamilton battle will be great to watch ... Hamilton is quicker over a single lap but Button's race craft, his superior intelligence, smooth driving style, calm temperament IMO will all mean that this situation could get very tense and, if Hamilton keeps losing, it will boil over.

I think Lotus could be right up there with Mercedes at this early stage ... IMO they are the 3rd and 4th fastest teams ...

Mercedes badly needs to fix its tyre degradation problem ... I would be surprised if the rear wing is ruled illegal ...

Ferrari needs to improve fast ... the car has raw speed but lacks driveability ... Alonso can drive anything, no matter how bad it is and he can achieve results that the car has no right to achieve. Massa IMO shows how bad the car really is.

It's great to see a close midfield battle between Williams, Sauber, Force India and Toro Rosso.

I think it's close between Caterham and Marussia. HRT is sadly far behind everyone else.

Let's see how Sepang goes. It will be much hotter and very humid so warming up the tyres will not be difficult and the track temperature will be a very different factor here. I expect RBR to be a lot more competitive here since I expect it will warm up its tyres far better at Sepang. I think this race could be even closer between McLaren and RBR.

Can't wait!

--

997.1 C2S
 GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red