It's been a fascinating pre-season of testing at Jerez and Barcelona.

So many questions have been asked of the teams, where they stand relative to each other etc.

I'm sure I speak for many F1 fans here when I say that we are all itching to find out the answers.

IMO this could be a vintage season ... so many current and former F1 champions driving cars that are closely matched in performance ...

I can't wait for the season to begin ... the last race in Brazil feels like such a loooooong time ago!

I really think that RBR and McLaren are going to have a titanic battle at this race and for the rest of the season.

I think Ferrari is fast but has reliability problems, tyre management problems, handling problems .... I think they could have a quick car later on in the season.

I think Mercedes and Lotus are also closely matched with Ferrari. It's been good to see Raikkonen as quick as ever after a 2 season gap from F1.

Next come Toro Rosso, Force India, Sauber and Williams followed by Caterham. It's a big midfield pack.

And Marussia and HRT bring up the rear. It's hard to see how they can justify being in F1. I hope that the 107% rule is applied strictly to them.

Well, here's looking forward to a great race weekend in Melbourne.

Hope you guys enjoy the race.

PS: for guys in the UK, this race is live on TV only on Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports F1 HD. The BBC will only be showing extended highlights on TV. Of course, radio coverage is live too on the BBC.

--

997.1 C2S
 GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red