BjoernB:

I believe now RC doesn't hold the german-license to drive Manual - just automatic hence he is soon keenly defending it smiley

Nice try but maybe you should look for the older posts, especially when I had my 996 Turbo RS-Tuning. Smiley

Manual sucks. If someone believes he is faster with manual, this is an illusion. I outran many people on the track (and elsewhere) with Tiptronic, even in auto mode (you should ask that tuned 993 Turbo driver who tried to outran me during an event and didn't believe that I drove all the time my 997 Turbo Tiptronic in auto mode Smiley and I even left PSM on because the car was new and I didn't want to crash it before I got used to it). The current PDK is amazing, in auto mode and manual mode. So for those who think they can outsmart the PDK fuzzy logic, be my guest. You can't, unless you are Walter Röhrl and even he prefers to drive PDK in auto mode. Smiley Of course he is faster driving in manual mode but he is Walter Röhrl and not an amateur driver who thinks manual makes him faster. It doesn't.

Driving fun ? I get it. I just don't get what manual has to do with it because I am faster when I have both hands on the steering wheel.

If someone argues now that the GT3 and GT2 models are manual only, think again. The race versions have a sequential shifting system and I think I don't have to explain the reason why PDK hasn't been adapted to the GT models yet. Little hint: Cost.

Look around the racing world, how many "true" manual tranny cars are left ? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4