Conny997:

http://youtu.be/tRbyfloBra0

Last Sunday I visited the so called "BMW-World" in Munich. For those who don't know this location: This is the place where you can get delivered your new BMW with some entertainment like a visit to the BMW plant, the museum or some other guided impressions. For a part of the visitors even the building seems to be very interesting. Last sunday they taked out the new BMW M5 just as the Safety Car for the Moto GP and the best: with the pretty fine Akrapovic exhaust. Its just a prototype but will be available for the M5 in spring. AMAZING sound. Above a short clip. Turn your speaker to at least half of maximum and enjoy.

I heard a prototype for the X5M and I can't say I was convinced. It sounds louder, slightly deeper but still no typical V8 sound. yes Maybe the M5 version is better but there isn't much improvement possible due to that specific engine design. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4