REALZEUS:

The differing car cultures between various nations is evident. The Italians love extreme and flashy supercars, the Germans prefer clinical efficiency paired with usability, the Japanese hard core supercomputers. Each man to their own then.

I'm pretty often in Italy (mainly North Italy, Laggo di Garda and Milano area) and I've never seen a really flashy or extreme supercar there, with a couple of exceptions maybe, who had german or austrian license plates. Smiley

The most spectacular car I saw was a Lamborghini Murcielago with austrian license plates and an infernal noise. This car was so loud that even the Italians didn't smile... Me and my son just loved it though. Smiley

You'd be surprised to hear that many wealthy Italians don't even want to drive Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Can't say much about other (southern) regions though...

A friend has been to Sardinia a couple of years ago, in a Ferrari. At his hotel, a very exclusive one in the North, were many super cars but only one Ferrari. His. Many SUVs, many Mercedes, Bentley, Aston Martin and even a Bugatti Veyron (not a hotel guest though) but no Ferrari or Lamborghini. On the other hand, he was back to Sardinia last June and he saw a convoy of Ferrari cars with italian license plates, maybe some sort of Ferrari club meeting or something.

Oh, Germans who drive the "clinical efficiency...", actually love the stealth look. Do you really think I wouldn't want to express my sports car fanatism to the outside world but in Germany, you just can't do it. Neighbors, customers, etc, nobody appreciates a flashy and/or expensive car.

Best cars to blend it over here: Smaller japanese cars like Toyota, Mazda or Nissan and the typical german "Volks"-cars like BMW 3series/5series/1series, Audi A3/A4/A6, Golf and Opel Astra/Insignia and of course the Mercedes A/B class and C class, maybe E class too.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4