Bitko:

Would be great to replace the 997 GTS with 991 GTS.

The only reason I got a 997 Carrera GTS was the lease deal I got. I really love my Carrera GTS (with the exception of those crappy Pirelli PZero tires) but I actually wanted a 997 Turbo S when I entered the dealership. The money I saved was huge (30000 EUR in downpayment and 300 EUR in monthly lease cost and I am able to end the contract after only 18 months) but I kind of regret it (a little bit). Luckily, I can choose another Porsche in 11 months. Smiley I did that because I wanted to leave me a loophole open, just in case the 991 turns out to be much better than I actually knew at that time. The 991 turned out exactly how I expected it, so it is time to take a final decision on my next 3-4 years lease car. Since the 991 doesn't seem to be better in the rear seat department, I will very likely choose the Cayenne Turbo with powerkit instead. It is sad, I know, I love the 911 but I have no choice. No more garage queens for me, I can't afford it.

The 997 Carrera GTS was an excellent offer from Porsche but that doesn't mean I would get now a 991 Carrera GTS. It is very likely that the new 991 Carrera GTS will not be the fantastic offer the 997 Carrera GTS was. Still...the GTS models are the right models for those who don't want to spend extreme money for an extreme car (GT3 or Turbo) but those who still want to get the sportiest setup for their money. Look at the current Panamera GTS, which is an excellent offer for somebody who would be interested in a Panamera 4S. The GTS is the much better deal in my opinion.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4