ISUK:

Carlos,

I can see your point and I didn't make mention of the Porsche GT series cars as up until now they have remained true to a basic philosophy where skill is required to extract their full performance potential. However can you honestly see the 991 generation of GT3 and GT2 models achieving the sort of incremental leap the 991 C2S has taken on it's 'ring time without Porsche resorting to more sophisticated chassis aids for them? If they can it will quite some achievement.

I agree, I'm sure there will be some type of increase on aids, I guess S-PDK could be considered one of them over the traditional manual gearbox for example or PTV, but I'm confident that they will still remain amongst the most enjoyable and rewarding to drive "of their class", while still being the fastest around NR/HH per HP. PASM for example is an electronic sophistication over the traditional shocks, yet the 997GT3/GT2 have lost nothing by using them. Same with PSM on the later GT3/2 models.

The only thing I'm worried about in that sense is the new electric steering (at least for the Carrera models), but I wait till I can test one to reach a conclusion, there is a trend appearing on the first press test drives but thats not very reliable. I also had my doubts about the variable-ration steering introduced in the 997 and comented heavily on it here at the time, but my doubts went away with the first test drive.

--