Picked up the dreaded slow puncture three days ago.  Wouldn't have known without TPMS - I check my tyre pressures every time I start the car and this time the rear off-side was 8 psi down on normal!  So I went to a local service station and pumped it back up to normal.  From driving the car I honestly wouldn't have realised there was a problem!  Next day the tyre was again down 8 psi so I knew there definitely was a problem..Smiley

Next I called my usual independant tyre dealer, who has been supplying and fitting my tyres for over 35 years. 

Here's the crunch - he said there was no way he could help me, on this occasion, as my GTS has centre locking wheels and requires special tooling which he doesn't have!

So I'm off to an OPC and they discover a large nail lodged in the tyre, with no chance of a repair, so it's a new tyre which they can get the following day..  I must say that Chester OPC were extremely efficient and accommodating - they fitted the new tyre yesterday, re-set the sensor, checked the balance and alignment and threw in a full inside & ouside valet... all in two hours.

The total price was £378.73 (incl. vat)

Moral is - if you use an independant tyre supplier, make sure they can deal with centre-locking wheels before you choose that feature as an option!!

The upside is I've discovered an OPC (Chester) which is much closer for me than where I've purchased my cars (Wilmslow) who have upped their game considerably since the last time I visited them..Smiley  

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."