pjd:
pxaxh:

Thanks pjd, the car just looks soo much better than the 997, it looks wider and more aggressive. I'm loving the new front bumper and i can't wait to see it in real life. I live in Australia and my dealer said it won't be coming here until March mail

The Nissan gtr looks crap next to it. The new interior is just awesome and it definitely has't lost the sporty feel ♥♥♥

The GTR have a typical japanese styling (not saying that is bad). And not the same quality as a Porsche.

I drove a 2010 GTR (480 hp) last year and the car is a "weapon" (real precise and great engine)... can`t imagine how will it be the 2012 version (560 hp)... Autocar claims 2.8 sec. from 0-60mph.... that says very much...

On the other way, lap times and hp it`s not all on a sports car, at least for me... it`s what you can extract from each hp and the pleasure that you have with car... that`s why i´m also (very) curious to see the "feedback" from the new Subaru BRZ and Toyota FT-86...

I totally agree with you! Sports cars aren't all about the numbers. That's one of the reasons the 911 Turbo would be my last variant of choice. Fantastic car in all realms, it could even be deemed as the king. But that's only on paper. The whole purpose of a sportscar is to transfer all of the information the road has into your hands for the purpose of pleasure. 

Because let's face it, you're never going to be able to go to 60 on public roads, but you are ALWAYS going to be driving. Therfore the absolute most important thing in any sportscar is driving pleasure. Porsche recognizes this and offers all of the 911 models, but they also recognize performance is very important, so they dedicate a model specifically too it. 

Nissan, however, it seems all they care about is getting the lowest Nordschleife and 0-60 time as physically possible, no matter the costs. It really makes you think... Who cares anymore?

I'm also very intrigued by the new FT-86. I'm not particularly a fan of the bloated design, but I'm in love with the idea and philosophy behind the car. Low weight, great feedback, RWD, manual, and sufficient power. The perfect interpretation of the sportscar.