Toby, lost interest, or lost the argument? My lack of experience doesn't alter the logic of my reasoning.

Despite of your "experience," you (and of course me) are but an amateur when it comes to the ACTUAL work of tuning; and  "half a knowledge"  is a dangerous thing. Just think of what you do as a profession - whatever you do - and think of some amateur coming in with some test instrument trying to "prove" the worth of your work. The amateur knows A, B, and C, but he doesn't know D, and E, and F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, and you will be calling the police on him, right?

The points are simple: 
1. If you want to criticize an EVOMS car, bring your road test instrument to Arizona and allow them a best shot - just like what you've allowed your car. Don't test a bastard car.
2. One could go on and on about data logging this, engine dyno'ing that, but at the end of the day, a road test, and a road test only, is what matters. . In a perfect world, track time and professional evaluations, in an imperfect world: 6SpeedonlinePerformanceList .
3. BTW, the question about what to do if your data logging contradicts the engine dyno is purely rhetorical. I asked to illustrate just how complicated this issue is. Spending a hefty amount of money "trying" to duplicate racing teams' and PAG's tuning? Admirable, but possibly futile, and perhaps wasteful (How much has been spent trying to make this RS Tuning GT2 work?). A GT2 RS would have been a much better choice IMHO.

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Custom Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )