sterio:
Carlos from Spain:
993S:
reginos:
sterio:

Anything about improvments in noice reduction in the cockpit? The 911 has a quite high noice comming from the wheels that I do not like at all, at least at some bad roads in northern Europe.

What make of tyres do you use?

I am almost sure they have reduced tire roar. Porsche knows about this problem. The primary reason I sold my 997turbo. Could not stand that awful drone anymore.  

Interesting, I never noticed that at all, or maybe my mind fliters it out as normal rolling  ambient noice and don't even hear it. I guess it al depends of the type of road surface you mostly drive in, since some surfaces do make more noice than others,  and at what  speeds you mostly drive at (ex highway vs B-roads) since at one point the aerodinamic wind noise cancels anything else coming from outside.

All Porsche 911´s have these problem with tire roar (independent of tire type) and motor way driving on bad roads is a pain for the ears. If you drive in Germany (autoban) it is not that bad but roads in other countries are not as good, specially up in scandinavia. They need to put some isolation material and protection inside the wheel arches to stop this roar.

The tire roar is quite tire dependent. PS2 is one of the noisiest tires around for 911 usage. I suspect it's due to the resonance between the wheel well and the tire noise and the proximity to the driver's ear in a 911. On stretches of un-asphalt concrete at highway speed, the noise is borderline unbearable. I had since switched to Bridgestone 050 and the noise is GONE over the same stretch of highway. There is no more tire roar anymore, no louder than any other car on any other road.