Can't understand the excitement not to see the engine.

How often do we open the lid to see the engine? I opened the lid of my not-Boxster cars only one time to see the engine. Afterwards I opened the lid only to refill water or oil. I don’t remove the wheels to see the beauty of my brakes, too. And I don’t have to reach the engine because I can’t fix anything of the engine. I never understand how people spend money to optimize the look of the engine compartment with expensive carbon parts.
991: beautiful 911. I say with intent not “beautiful car”. This is the modern interpretation of THE sports car icon. Nobody will need more than five seconds to identify this car as 911, as THE Porsche.  The silly blingbling badges on the back of the car can be removed (I hope). I only dislike that the area between the exhausts seems to be black plastic. Probably it will cost you some extra money to order this area in the color of the body. And I share the opinion that all 997 owners will be very happy with this light evolution in design.
I was lucky to see the interior live. I like it. Modern, sporty, perfect daily driver. Which other car can be used to commute to your office and to have fun at weekends? No old-school handbrake? Can’t remember when I used the handbrake the last time.
Well done Porsche (can’t say anything about driving the 991, hope not to change my judgment after driving the car by myself. But I always heard words like “better, improvement, you won’t be disappointed”)