Welcome to the forum, PureBlue! The decision for or against a GTS should be centered around the financial outlay as hardly anything would speak against it if you are able and willing to afford it.

Regarding the presentation of the 991 model at the end of the year, I would hesitate to [special] order a car and be even more inclined to check with dealer inventories. Me, as others mentioned above, would not get a new model within its first year of production if it can be avoided. That way you would have a a timespan of one to two years to enjoy the car before considering the step towards the 991.

Last but not least, I am not a huge fan of Aqua Blue on the 911 as I find this colour to flashy but not as straightforward as the PTS solid blues such as Pure Blue or Riviera. On a sidenote, I was under the impression that the colours as well as some options [such as the painted headlight surrounds] on the Sport Classic and Speedster editions remain unobtainable for the regular 997 models. As attractive as I find Aqua Blue on the Boxster and Cayman, I would choose Dark Blue on all 911 models except of the GT3.

Smiley