RC:

My run-in period looks like this: first 500 km very careful, gentle on the brake, not more than 5000 rpm and changing speeds/gears, only half throttle, also because of the new tires. Then up to 1000 km, from time to time full throttle but usually half throttle and not more than 5000 rpm, changing speeds, no top speed or full throttle for more than a couple of seconds. From 1000-1500 km full throttle whenever I please, top speed from time to time too but only for a couple of seconds, usually up to 5000 rpm. Over 1500 km...whatever I please, including track racing. I also change the oil after this personal run-in period because I still think that there could be small particles from friction in the oil. It may be stupid but I usually get the feeling that the engine runs more "free" after changing the oil. 

Thanks, RC Smiley 

I like your run-in desription, very similar to the way I have done it.  My Porsche mechanic buds have always told me that it's best to gradually work up the engine, brakes, gears, tires, etc...and then run the car hard!!  That's one reason I wanted to get to the track during the end of break-in period...and the car is running just supurbly now.  Smiley    

I also thought about changing the oil soon, rather than waiting another 7,000 miles.  I tend to agree about "the feel" of the engine always being better after oil change, and getting rid of the "break-in oil" cannot hurt, right?      Smiley