Bitko:  Break in is about 2,000 miles according to Porsche's manual, however, we know the new engines have been thoroughly tested up to 7,500 + rpm prior to the cars ever being shipped.   Trying to keep the GTS below 4,000 rpm for the first 2,000 miles is difficult to say the least! ...and probably not very realistic    .  Having said that, however, I followed the break in "rules" pretty closely, gradually increasing and varying the rpm's, braking, clutch and shifting speeds, with and without PASM and PSM, etc.  The GTS is a (sneaky) bleeding fast car and I wanted to take it easy until I became very familiar and comfortable with the performance and handling characteristics before tracking the car.  Believe me, this car can get away from you if you're not paying careful attention and staying "connected" with it at all times!   

But when I became connected and fully engaged with the GTS on the track, it was pure Porsche nirvana   ....and NO comparison to my ol' Boxster S! 

So my advice is to take it easy at first until you and your new GTS become fully connected...then (at around 1,800 miles or so) take her to the track so you can begin to fully (legally) stretch her legs!   

You can also go back through John H's thread and see more of our break-in comments.  John got his GTS about a month or so before me.

It would also be great if you could come out to Northern California sometime!  Along with Thunderhill, we have Laguna Seca and Sears Point (Infineon) just an hour or two away from my area.  I was of course the only GTS at Thunderhill Raceway in April and I STILL have not seen another one on the road around my area.   It's a unique Porsche and I am VERY pleased with my decision to buy one!   

As I am sure John H. would agree, people aound you REALLY take a second look at the GTS...as it is indeed a "special attraction" for gearheads and sports car enthusiasts!   

Sorry for the long reply...as you can see I'm a true GTS porschephile!