Wow... there seem to be people on this planet who didn't realize that a turn signal can actually also indicate a lane change...I'm not only surprised but shocked, truly shocked.

I'm not surprised there are much more accidents in the speed limited US than in Germany(remember?...no general speed limit) because changing a lane on a crowded highway without using the turning signal is not just irresponsible, it is just plain dumb. I have seen many situations where an accident was very very close to happen and I can only imagine how often these accidents actually do happen.

Btw: I have noticed that some drivers use the turning signal when they change the lane and some don't. Even the police has some sort of erratic behavior: Some police cars use the turn signal when they change the lane, some don't. I was paying attention very carefully this time.

Also interesting: Most drivers driving much faster and changing lanes spontaneously are mostly drivers of smaller japanese cars. Very surprising because I actually thought that only drivers of expensive cars actually can afford paying fines/going to court. 

Another observation I made in the US on the highway: When I passed a car, the car sometimes accelerated and made it very difficult to pass it, so I had to get faster too, sometimes reaching speeds over 90 mph in a 65 mph zone. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW