Porsche-Jeck:

@ a928: very nice to "meet" you here on RT Smiley As per my definition you have easy access to the NoS and you own a beautiful GT3 - what about enjoying the real thing instead of crunching numbers ? Smiley

As for the 991: I love the "old" Mezger engine in my GT3 but I'm sure Porsche will fit the 991 GT-models with a race worthy engine (whatever the technical solution will look like).

Porsche simply cannot afford to stuff a non track worthy engine into the GT-models.

And in the easy to drive (at the limit) department the longer wheelbase, wider track and the slightly frontward moved engine will make the big difference.

Hello Porsche Jeck,

Well I didnt know you were so active here..:),,oh yes...crunching numbers is boring Smiley,,but hey, I have Spa Francorchamps here around...probably nicer then the NBR..

Thanks for the good words about my GT3..more pictures you can see in the other forum where we had already contact. By the way, I might sell my baby for a GT2....but Im not so really convinced that it would be worth the money...if I would own the Gt2, the first thing I will do is set the supension right..the thing seems for me a bit too soft..

Coming back to the 991 GT3 - look at this interesting post from the pff.de forum - Porsche (Mr Thomas Wasserbäch - Leiter Motormechanik) made apparently a lecture at the Fachhochschule (~university) in Munich in Nov. 2010 .- where he made the following statement:

"Der aktuelle DFI Block geht nur auf max. 3.8L Bohrung und verträgt nur 7500rpm"
Translated this means: the actual DFI engine block can only go up to 3.8L und would only allow for 7500rpm..

If thats true (what I didnt know - but suspected it - what I knew definately is that actual DFI engines would starve if you put slicks)..then this will heat up the discussion again

By the way, just drove 800Km on German highways..average speed probaly 16-170km/h..average consumption: 11L...this is really almost not beatbable...I bet the Italian horses and Bulls would use at least 15L for the same speed..