Nick,

Both of my GranTurismos had superb build quality I have to say with flawless paint, beautiful leather and no squeaks or rattles. My father also briefly owned one and that was also trouble free and well put together. The man who put the assembly line for this model together was Karl Heinz Kalbfell, ex BMW, so top build quality was high on the list of priorities. I wouldn't hesitate on that front if I were you.

You have to remember it's a large GT car that rides on the same floorpan as a Quattroporte so it's not a sports car but it is an excellent car none the less. The QP underpinnings makes it a genuine 4 seater which is rare in this segment. It's well worth trying one out just to hear that glorious exhaust in sport mode The great thing is that if you want to drive it discreetly you can in normal mode and the exhaust is much more discreet.

If I were to have another one I'd go for the S with the auto box in preference to the automated manual F1 box. You still get paddleshift but it's far better suited to the nature of the car.