nberry:
One conclusion I have reached is my preference is for Porsche over any other car. The engineering, quality and value is unsurpassed by ANY car manufacturer.

Unfortunately that is the sad truth. Well, perhaps it's not that sad at all, since Porsche is a great brand (remains yet to be seen what happens now under VW ownership). But one word about the Ferrari: Ferrari could build the best sportscars on this planet, if they only got the quality of their cars right. Yes, they improved a lot over the last years, but they still lack this type of engineering, quality and value, Nick is talking about (and I even think they are on a way down recently). If this is the Italian nature or whatsoever, I can't tell. Fact is, that this is something that's unacceptable given the price of the cars. Maybe some owners are blinded by the emotional rollercoaster you sometimes get from a Ferrari or that they don't attach great importance to a thing like build quality, but I do. Smiley

In this respect Lamborghini may get better and better under strict Audi ownership (but hey, it's still an Italian brand... Smiley) and McLaren may benefit from the obsession of a Ron Dennis, so there may be some alternatives for a die-hard Porsche enthusiast like Nick in the future. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.