Fantastic, glorious weather here.. so it was time to head for North Wales and "The Triangle" in particular..

First time I've driven these roads in the GTS since break-in was fully completed.

I have to say that this is where I really found out a lot about this car.  Firstly, a couple of negatives...I drove the Triangle clockwise (my personal favourite direction) and didn't feel as connected to the PDK car as I had done with my manual C2S.  I felt my times were slower as well.  Lots of curves and bends mean lots of gear changes and I was struggling to know, instinctively, which gear I was in at what time.

I put this down to being somewhat lazy in my daily driving and having driven the car mainly in auto mode, albeit over-riding with the paddles in sport and sport-plus.  I found I'd been using manual mode less and less and was losing out on driver involvement.

So I drove the same direction again and really concentrated on being in the right gear at the right time.  Gradually it started to become second nature and that was when I began to check my times.  Surprise, surprise...I found I'd not been slower at all - in fact, quite a bit quicker actually!  There was very little traffic about and plenty of open road to pass anything in front of me.  I was now feeling a definite connection with the GTS and we became a real team for the first time.

Within two more laps (one anti-clockwise) I was really appreciating the power and manoeuvrability of this incredible machine.  Performance driving with PDK is an acquired technique which requires practice and more practice but, when you get it right, is sooo rewarding..

A few photos at "The Triangle"

Taking a break at 'The Sportsman's Arms' - the highest pub in Wales and in the top ten highest in the UK... This is towards the end of the first sector on the clockwise route..

P1000080.JPG

P1000082.JPG

P1000083.JPG

P1000084.JPG

P1000086.JPG

P1000087.JPG

P1000088.JPG

P1000089.JPG

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."