RC:
sevoman:

Christian

How did the power and performance feel compared to other recent cars you have driven?

On the same day, I also drove a Maserati GranTurismo S and a GranTurismo MC Stradale.

The Vantage S Roadster felt much sportier, even sportier than the MC Stradale. Unbelievable. The car was pretty new, only 500 km on the speedo and the engine already felt powerful. Revving was amazingly fast and instant, the engine felt much more powerful than I anticipated, throttle response was extremely direct and the chassis felt like driving a 997 Carrera S with sport chassis. Amazing. I was driving in Sport mode only, just for the book. There were no real traction problems, the ESP came on pretty late, very good setup.

Compared to the Vantage S Roadster, the Maserati GrandTurismo MC Stradale felt like a...Grand Tourer. Big, heavy, engine response not that good compared to the AM, even in Race mode.

The engine/exhaust sound alone of the Vantage S is worth the money, this is a car you use for fun, not necessarily for track racing. If I had the money, I would get the Vantage S Roadster in a heartbeat. I know this is not a car for somebody who is looking for maximum performance numbers and the price tag is steep too but it delivers just the right amount of passion and fun. Highly recommended. Smiley

+1 Smiley