Yeah, I know, I can always record them too - but it's not the same - I love to watch these things live ... it's more exciting - plus, I like to watch the BBC F1 Forum afterwards - you can only really do that if you already know the result and have watched what they are talking about and analysing in detail.

Take Melbourne - the BBC coverage on Sunday morning was 0600-1000. 0600-0700 was the pre-race build up. 0700-0900 was the race, podium ceremony and press conference. 0900-1000 was the F1 Forum on the Red Button. If I am going to start watching a recording after it's all over, I would watch from 0900-1300 or 1000-1400. That's half my Sunday gone ... so it doesn't really work for me.

One other factor - my wife doesn't wake up for the flyaway races (with an early start) - so when she gets up, we're eager to get on with getting ready and having a nice weekend breakfast before doing whatever we've got planned for the day ...

Having said all that, this last weekend was really unusual - I only got 3 hours' sleep on Friday night and 1 hour's sleep on Saturday night. Too much to do - social commitments, planning a driving tour of Florida, plus there was Cricket, the Boat Race and F1, so sleep just gets sacrificed ...

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection