Well, a new season got underway in Melbourne but it's still more or less the same guys in the same cars fighting at the top ...

One big difference in Sepang will be the fact that Red Bull is expected to fit its KERS device to the car for this race. How much will that benefit/hinder them is uncertain. Adrian Newey has been against it since it would compromise the RB car's aero efficiency - but now it seems RB has little choice except to fit it.

The heat and humidity will be interesting - I expect much higher tyre degradation in Malaysia than in Australia.

I thought the DRS (drag reduction system) was mostly a gimmick in Melbourne. Let's see if it has any real benefit on tracks with longer straights.

I'm glad that Pirelli is going to adjust the tyre markings to make them easier to read.

At the moment, Vettel is in his own league due to his car and the fact that he has got more out of it than Webber could. I would like to see what Vettel could do when/if he ever outperforms the car ...

I'm finding the battles between Alonso, Hamilton, Massa and Button less interesting ... what is exciting me more is to see the new talent on the grid. Guys like Perez and Di Resta could be great for F1. It was also really great to see Petrov move tangibly from a rookie to a solid performer. Well done to him Smiley

I also thought that Barrichello is now past his best-before date. The way he ruined Rosberg's race by driving recklessly into him was criminal. He may have raced more than anyone else but his driving makes him look inexperienced IMO.

I wonder if Heidfeld will wake up - he was quick in testing but Petrov totally outshone him. Will he justify his selection in Sepang?

I also think this could (and should) be Webber's last season in F1. Nice guy - no doubt - but Red Bull could build for the future - maybe get someone with potential like Hulkenberg?

The other unknown is whether Schumi will perform again. Unfortunately, we couldn't really tell whether he has rediscovered his speed and consistency since he was unable to run for long in Melbourne. Perhaps Sepang will shed more light on this.

Another early start - can't wait till the races return to Europe so I can get a bit more sleep on the weekends ... Smiley

Roll on Sepang Smiley

--

RT Moderator 
- 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection