You do realized Geneva is just around the corner right? If Porsche doesn't put out a early press release. While I will be picking up the R next Thursday, I won't be in Zuffenhausen until March 2nd. 

As for dealer allocations, if one isn't already on the dealers' list in the US, fat chance of getting allocated by now for the 1st year of production. For all likelihood, North American delivery will be after summer 2017 as a 2018 model year. Europeans gets first dibs and first customers cars will be out around June, if not late May. See time line of the GT3RS 2 years ago.

PTS will always be a mystery, Porsche never publicized it or explained it properly ever, it will always be ask them first and they will decide. And it is even harder now than before now that Eduardo at Rennlist has tried his hardest to spread the PTS news. Porsche was never set up properly to do mass PTS, so the extra requests that came after Eduardo's posts are giving them a hard time, it might come to a point that Porsche will stop doing PTS all together because of him.

The production line was never setup properly to do custom painting, Porsche do a much higher volume than say Ferrari and Lamborghini, that's why the Germans much prefer customers to pick readily approved colours.

In the old days Porsche keep a warehouse full of parts, so it was much easier to pull a bumper, a trim or whatever to get to the paint booth to get them painted in the same PTS color as the body. But now Porsche is doing Just-In-Time assembly, that means those custom painted part has to be paint-matched before delivery to the assembly line. 

For some PTS cars, the body, the exterior panels, etc are all shipped to a 3rd party off site to have a uniform painting before shipping back to the factory for assembly. One example would be a 911R with painted strip, not vinyl strips. The lines has to be painted perfectly to match up. You might remember Eduardo blew a fuse when I said about 3rd party off site painting. He thought I was undermining his 'authority' on being the 'bible' on PTS, and proceed to do like a million posts with a million quotes to try to discredit me to protect his 'reputation'. Some ego that guy had. 

In the old days, when Porsche was making a lot less cars, their Exclusive department can do wonders, the sky and wallet is the limit. But for some reason they never expanded the Exclusive department much if at all, so now they pretty much turn down most requests, and provide only a small selection of 'Exclusive Options' that they 'mass produced'.

if someone can remember the old days, like the 80s and 90s, Porsche Exclusive cranked out some really outrageous products, I saw a lot of photos when I was searching for the 3.6, Completely purple interior? Yup saw one 964 Turbo 3.6 with that. Actually it looks fantastic too. Btu those days are long gone.

Hell even when the 918 owners request CXX stuff on their 911R, there was a lot of push back but in the end money wins, there are a few of the Rs that has a US$400k+ MSRP. 

As for new options, the big news is only the manual transmission....................

--