Bonjour,

It seems that the redesign of this web was followed by decreases in interesting  and numerous threads. IF I failed to check in once a week, I was 'behind'....not now. Ideas on this from everyone including the moderators  would be welcme.

There are many 'members' who have bought series II 911s, from ownership of 2005+ 911s or Boxters/Cayman, and I recollect  few if any remarks on the new engine [changes in drivability etc etc]; on PASM generation II [significantly improved/modified from the 2005 design] characteristics affecting low and high speeds on rough or smooth surfaces; on the PDK from a truly   objective view point [ typically we have heard nothing but positives on the PDK , whereas there are weaknesses e.g. jerkiness/kluncking at  low speed , irregular throttle response depending upon gear engaged, mode chosen];  the drain of the battery compared with the 2005 Series I. 

I will conribute my thoughts on these questions when the thread develops, but I re-ordered/traded my 2011 for the same model [within 3000km] with different options...that car is much more enjoyable and complete. 

Over to you colleagues!

Merci beaucoup, ALanM KiwiCanuck

PS IF any of you know of a better Porsche web, I would be grateful! This one needs more engagement...how do we do that!?