cdixon:
matdaytona:
RC:
Grant:

On that basis, the 4.0L would cost $209k USD.  That's pretty expensive (more than double a Carrera GTS and almost double a base GT3 3.8), but I would LOVE to have this car.

The sad part is: I could have had one but I declined. No money...and even if I could manage it....wife would shoot me instantly.  Smiley Smiley  Smiley

This would have been my keeper...well... Smiley

Family comes first though. Smiley

RC,

Given that the next generation GT3 should be out in c. 2 years (with significant technical improvements as always I imagine), and considering the price of this limited edition version, do you still think this 4.0L GT3 would be worth buying ?

Thanks for the advice.

Depends on what you are after ? 

If you view PDK on the GT cars  being a technical improvement and only care about fast lap times then wait. 

If you want an 'involved' pure  mechanical driving experience, which in my opinion is what makes the GT cars special then get a gen2 3.8 RS or GT3.

If you want a garage queen 'involved' pure driving experience that you will never experience through fear of harming the cars value then register your interest and buy the 4.0 RS.  

Sorry, but i see the 4.0 RS's being bought by collectors that will lock them away in heated garages, or speculators looking to turn an easy £25k to £30k. Just look at the GT2 RS cars listed in the UK market.

If you are the sort of person looking to buy a 4.0 RS for a track weapon that will beat the 3.8RS, why not buy a cup car ? 

Thanks cdixon. Actually I currently have a gen2 GT3 RS, and I have to say I absolutely love it ! Everything is perfect about that car, the feeling, the chassis, the engine, the noice... And I regularly drive it on racetracks. That's why i am seriously considering this 4.0L car. But I wonder if the 50hp difference is really worth investing another 70-80k ...