Gnil:
Carlos from Spain:

How is the sound of the sport exhaust of the new DFI engine compared to the MK-I with sport exhaust? 

Not as loud as MK 1, but still much better then standard . The nice ' growl' is not there anymore. Just a slight one on ignition when the engine is really  cold in the morning, but that's it for the 'metallic growl'.

Otherwise it does make a nice sporty sound, more 'racy'. I find it to have gotten louder now, at over 45'000 km. 

The other big difference compared to MK 1, is that you do not hear the sound that well from the inside . The sound is more for the pedestrians then the driver .

Same observation from me.

The 997.2 PSE is not as deep and loud as the 997.1 PSE, but it does sound better IMHO. More race-metallic-GT3'ish sound. If one wants a louder 997.2 PSE it should be a simple job exchanging the 997.2 center silencer for an X-pipe (from FVD or Cargraphic).

I had the opportunity to hear multiple 997.1 PSE versus 997.2 PSE at the Scuderia Course last year. There is a lot less difference in sound from the outside, e.g. when the cars accelerate away, than what it seems to be from the inside.

I might give the X-pipe a try this summer. A relatively cheap modification which is 100% reversible to stock configuration.

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' design. H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.