bigbuzuki:
Here in Australia the difference between the two in price is closer to 50,000 euro. ($67,000 AUD)

A Cayenne Turbo with the same/similar options like my X5 M would have been around 135000 EUR. My X5 M had a sticker price of aprox. 122000 EUR.

My local Porsche dealer offered me no rebate on the Cayenne Turbo (before it showed up, he wasn't able offer anything at that time of introduction because he didn't know yet how high the dealer margin would be), the lease offer from Porsche Financial was aprox. 30% higher than the one from BMW for the X5 M.

My local BMW dealer charged me only 99500 EUR for the X5 M, a huge rebate and the lease offer from BMW was also 30% cheaper than the one offered by Porsche Financial.

Meaning: I didn't only save on what the car itself costs but also on the lease too.

The total savings are in the 50000 EUR range (considering the 3 year lease period), I don't remember the exact numbers anymore.

This is huge money.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW