MKSGR:
WAY:
nberry:

What I liked about Ferrari was it excited me whether I was driving at 25mph or 120mph. With Porsche it excited me when pushing it but at 25mph it was just another car.

The blending of sexiness, sound and elite branding all caused my to feel the excitement in the Ferrari regardless of speed. That said, when pushing the Porsche it excited me more than the Ferrari because of the confidence the car exuded during difficult maneuvering. Porsche engineering and quality trumped Ferrari sound and styling.

When I owned non GT series Porsches, I used to say the same thing.  But never in my GT3, that thing is alive at 25mph or at 150mph. 

Now for the McLaren.  I am very tempted to order one.  Here in Australia, the base price is reasonable (between GT3RS and 458), but I fear I would want all the CF and other options which makes this car rather expensive.  So the question is, would you buy a MP4-12C that is pretty standard?

On your first statement I can only agree 100% SmileySmileySmiley

Regarding your second point: why not? A good compromise would be to leave all the CF stuff away (which is for looks only anyhow), take one in black with the other useful options. German price incl. VAT would then be like 230k - which sounds still OK?

So what do you see as the useful options? I do have my reservations about the initial quality issues like many of you are saying though. First year of a small scale manufacturer is scary potentially. Maybe I will wait 12 months.