cayenneturbo -

I've driven the 2011 Cayenne V6, Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo, so I can speak to you from experience.

The V6 is hardly deserving of the Porsche crest. It's purely an entry-level vehicle to give people of a wider financial demographic the chance of Porsche ownership without the lofty price tag. [No offense to V6 owners.]

I genuinely enjoyed the S model. It's agile, responsive and has plenty of power on tap for when you want to speed things up.

The Turbo is hands-down insane. Anything that weighs over two tons really shouldn't be allowed to travel as fast as the Cayenne Turbo does; excellent road grip, typical Porsche dynamics and a vehicle that really puts the "sport" in "sport utility vehicle."

As for the 958 GTS - the GTS models are released by Porsche towards the end of a vehicle life cycle to push sales figures. The previous Cayenne GTS was released in 2008, after the facelift of the first Cayenne while the 997 GTS also came out after the 997's initial release in 2005. We might see a Cayenne GTS in 2015 after the current 958 Cayenne receives its mid-cycle refresh.

If I would go with my emotions, I'd splash on the Turbo in a heartbeat because I love the wider grille in the front, the modified headlights, the Turbo cachet and knowing that I'm in charge of 500 manic horses. Realistically however, I'd get the S. Unless you're planning to go to the track or race the car around, you're going to be spending the majority of your time in the Cayenne in the city. Speeding cameras, speed breakers, potholes, police; all of that won't allow you to utilize the full potential of your Turbo. How often are you going to be tearing down an inner city street at over 180 km/h, right?

The S is sufficiently fast, provides all the power and speed you'll need for real world driving and just about everything else the Turbo offers short of 100 extra horses and a bit of speed. Don't forget that Turbos depreciate faster, so you'll take a bigger punch if you wish to sell the car at a later stage. Worst comes to worst, you can always modify your S with a new Turbo bodykit. ;)

Hope this helps.

rulesdontapply