Thank you so much everyone for all your comments and good wishes...I really, really appreciate them..

Would you believe I was called away yesterday and hardly even saw the car all day let alone drive her..

Finally got to grips today and took a spin over to North Wales - Easy & Porker will know why..

I'm taking a moderate to strict view regarding the the breaking-in process, so obviously haven't explored even a fraction of the GTS's potential YET!  My driving impressions will therefore be very limited for the time being.  I have a nice round trip planned in 2 weeks time so should be able to share much more with you when I get back.

Did just over 100 miles today.  I checked the tyre pressures before leaving and found them to be 6psi over-inflated all round!  Not the first time a main dealer has released a car to me with high readings!  Anyway, my first experience with Bridgestone was a good one - much quieter road noise.  The car also feels so much better planted than my old one did.

I waited until I got some nice quiet open road and then slipped her into manual sport mode...WOW!  that was some change, everything livens up and I was able to use the paddles for the first time.  I found them very intuitive, even though my left leg couldn't get the hang of it's new role and pumped at fresh air - almost had to do a "Dr. Strangelove" to restrain it..!

I tried sport plus very briefly but there was no way I could hold back the revs in that setting so slumped back to normal very quickly.  It was though a stunning insight into what is in store for me...can't wait!!

More soon...... 

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."