hey, everyone!

Short review of the GTS: 1500 km so far, winter tires, had really bad weather the last 2 weeks (damp with temps around zero).

i do follow the break in recommendations, but now having 1500 km on, i start to rev the engine upto 6t sometimes (only if the oil is warm).

Third brake light and brake light switch have been changed sofar. Third brake light: one of the LED went out, brake light switch wasnt adjusted properly so that it went on only after about 30% of the brake pedal travel.

Other than that only one small sqeak that should be no problem to fix.

Other thoughts, in short:

the combination of Sport chrono (Plus) and PDK offers a fantastically wide band of driving styles: from limo type in the city (stop and go) to a neck snapping race car type (sport chrono plus).

To many this is not new but to me, as my last car Cayman S, was manual and had no Sport Chrono plus. Also love the adjustibiliy of whole thing: so many different combinations of PASM, PDK, SC+,PSE....really serving every situation.

i start out driving with D (to warm the oil) and after that spend 80% in Manual mode.

PSE sounds plain intoxicating, i think better than on the normal 997.2. I guess it has something to do with the 6 manifolds.

Winter tires are okay, but so so so looking forward to a dry street WITH summer tires.

Wonderfull grip, i was and still am surprised by its amount. Eventually the GTS understeers in tight corners, but i can live with that, because this happens pretty late.

The body seems very stiff to me, stiffer than the Cayman.

interestingly i had a hard time finding the perfect driving position for me: either i was too near to the pedals or to far away from the steering wheel. In the Cayman i sat as low as possible, this isnt working with the 911. maybe the usual adjustment with a new car.

Surprisingly the GTS gets more attentions than i thought, might be the PSE and the white color. Even got thumbs up from young cops...

All in All i can say that the car is simply wonderfull in its power, sound, comfort, poise, precision and presence. But since its my first 911 i am still getting used to it, being so different than my last car (+113 PS, rear engine, wide stance, pdk, winter tires).

hmmm, thats all for the moment, please ask if any questons!

cheers

nick