Carlos from Spain: 

Still I have the specific question about evacuation of water ability and resistance to aquaplaning with that thread design. One thing is to grip on a wet surface, and another to be able to channel standing water well. They seem to comment about the full wet ski pad performance, but I doubt the speed was enough to test aquaplaning and maybe it was just about grip on cornering Smiley

Thus is a very good point and it's good that you make this distinction!

I had PS N-rated (not PS2) on a Boxster S in the past. These tyres were very good in the wet on secondary roads where there was no standing water but on the highway at places that held water they were dangerous. On occasions I had to leave the highway and follow country roads to my destination because the car felt like a boat. I changed to Pirelli Rosso with much better results but with other drawbacks in other areas.

The PS2 on my Carrera S are much better in this respect but still I'd like more confidence on standing water at speed. Some people say that the new Pirelli is better without losing anything in the dry. Any experience here?

--

"Form follows function"