Although the tyres will be a significant factor - I don't think it's a start from scratch. Fundamentally, cars that generated heat in the tyres (particularly for a 3 lap qualification stint consisting of an out lap, hot lap and in lap) and cars that looked after the tyres better will continue to do the same in 2011. I think the main factor will be durability. The Pirellis will degrade much more quickly than the Bridgestones did. The main difference will be that drivers like Button who are easier on the tyres will get an advantage. Also, I expect more than 1 pit stop at every race with possibly 3 pit stops even. So there will be more possibility for pit stop strategy (hopefully).

The other big factor will be the adjustable rear wing. Let's see how much effect that has ...

Personally, I still expect to see Red Bull, Ferrari at the front with McLaren close behind.

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection