rulesdontapply:

I second mariusv, there's way too much speculation out there. Unless a reliable, solid source says anything, I'm not holding my breath. I'm overwhelmingly excited about the 991 and seeing a lot of the camo coming off only makes me go more insane, but until then...

On a side note, I'm seeing a fair amount of news predicting that the next generation Boxster is making a Geneva 2011 debut. I don't see how that'll happen seeing as the 991 looks far more developed than the next Boxster; the most recent spyshots of the Boxster still show that the prototype does not have its real taillights and the nose is more disguised than that of the 991. How curious.

I also don't see it happening since [going with speculation here] a March 2011 reveal for the Boxster and a September 2011 debut for the 991 will generate an enormous amount of coverage for Porsche; the Boxster would have a lot of news around it until September, but then wouldn't the 991 shoo it from the spotlight? Maybe I'm just a complete newbie to these things; look how the simultaneous premieres of the Cayenne and 918 Spyder turned out, eh?

Thoughts?

rulesdontapply

Well, I've just read an article on autobild and it says that the new boxster will come in fall 2011 ! Altough, at the same time it says that it will be presented at Geneva in 2011, which doesn't make any sense. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/porsche-boxster-981-erlkoenig-1226105.html?bild=6&now=90#mmg

By the way, the current boxster, was revealed before or after the 911 ? Because that's what most likely will happen with the new gens :)