KresoF1:

DCT is not the key for excellent Ring time here. Key is suspension tuned almost only for the Ring-this is the GT2 RS secret. Its suspension and aerodynamics are tuned for fastest possible Ring time(for street sportscar). Tires also are developed with Ring drive as priority.

You can not compare sportscar equiped with street tires(458 and SLS AMG) with cars equiped with R compound sport tires a la GT2 RS or R8 GT.

To extract most of GT2 RS capabilities you need to be "Kenner"(a German word-could be translated to English as "Experienced and full of knowledge sportscar driver").  You really need to know how to drive it fast and respect it highly at the same time.

To drive fast SLS AMG you need to be just above average driver who knows how to drive RWD sportscar. Almost the same verdict for 458(which IMHO required little bit longer accomodation period then SLS AMG). 997.2 Turbo PDK is somehow different animal. Until 8/10 almost all drivers could drive it fast. BUT, above that level its sometimes strange behaviour can be tricky if you do not have enough experience behinde its steering wheel.

Hi Kreso,

I think that DCT will bring approx. 2s on the NBR - many shifts at high speeds will benefit DCT.

Regarding tires: the Cup+ are not faster than Corsa, based on my impressions to date. I expected otherwise but was disappointed. Maybe the effect of the reduced acquplaning of the Cup+ version compared to the previous Cup version. I am also not sure whether the 458 has any disadvantage in terms of tires. I would rather not think so. Same with SLS - the SLS has tires specifically developed for this car...

You point on driveability is correct - most drivers might be faster in a turbo Smiley Only if you really enjoy this ultimate precision cars like GT3/GT3RS or GT2/GT2RS offer you will fall for this kind of car SmileySmiley