Guys, no matter what you think about the 997 Carrera GTS but I honestly think that this car is an amazing offer from Porsche and shouldn't be ignored, even by those who are looking at the next generation 911, the 991.

Let me see, for 6000 EUR more compared to the 997 Carrera S, the buyer gets the following:

1. wider body (not necessarily an advantage from a weight point of view but it looks meaner)

2. optional 90 l fuel tank (cost free)

3. 408 HP powerkit incl. the Porsche Sport Exhaust

4. painted (!) RS Spyder wheels with central lock

5. Alcantara interior

6. 0-100 kph in 4.2 seconds (PDK, Sport Chrono) and 0-160 kph in 9.1 seconds (look it up, this is almost 997 Turbo Mk I territory)

7. optional rear seats (original car has none)

Sorry guys but I think that the Carrera GTS is the best offer Porsche had for a very long time. Of course this is an end-of-life cycle model but being something very special at a very attractive price tag, I actually think that this car will retain a certain value, even after the 991 will be introduced.

Add some options for let's say another 9000 EUR (PDK, sport bucket seats, LSD and Sport Chrono) and you have a very good, fast and attractive Porsche for aprox. 117000 EUR incl. 19% german VAT.

Unfortunately this absolutely great offer from Porsche also proves how much they ripped off Carrera Sport Classic customers. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW