AlexG:

After 30k KM of daily driving/long trips across europe/spirited drives through the alps I can assure you that the M-DCT is a very versatile gearbox. Comfortable when cruising and brutal when pushing.

All the gearbox settings paired with the throttle response/EDC/DSC settings lead to practically 'infinite' combinations, so that you can configure the sportiness to your liking.

If you liked the SMG II on the e46M3, you will love the M-DCT since it's a step forward on virtually every aspect. Especially the seamless shifts when cruising (for daily driving) Smiley.

You said you drove it and YOU liked it, so I'd say go with it Smiley.

This is so true. Also don't forget that SMGII and manual tranny both have the same gearbox  in E46 M3. However, in E92, you have 1 extra gear with M-DKG. So M-DKG has shorter gearing in 2nd gear - 3rd gear - 4th gear - 5th gear and 6th gear. Which means in return better acceleration. So not only the M-DKG shifting is faster, but also you have shorter and closer gear ratios.

Today, I had a short spirited driving. Since I'm in break-in period, I only applied half throttle and once had a max. engine speed of close to 6000 rpm, Drivelogic program in S6 mode. The system is perfect. The throttle blips on downshifts when you push the car is wild, fast and loud. It is intoxicating. You shift up and down just for the fun of it. I had 2 E46 M3s. One was MY03 and the other was MY05. I loved SMGII (more so the 03 since it has different software which shifts brutal) but M-DKG is way better, in every way.

You have the mechanical feel of SMGII with DKG. It is faster and you also had the same push/kick on upshifts as you do in SMGII. But it is also smoother. With SMGII, especially if you have pre-facelift model, you have the kick at 8000 rpm, but at the same time you think you have just brake down the diff or the gearbox. With DKG, you have the kick/push but doesn't feel like braking or tearing something apart. The Auto mode is much improved, also though I don't care much about.

And have I told you that blips on downshifts are much much louder and wilder. Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)