just spent another 2 hours with the car, grilling the mclaren people with technical details. I am getting to like this car more and more. People should reserve judgement until they see it live. Look stunning in silver!

Kreso, the gearbox apparently takes up to 750nm. The carbon ceramics are not that heavier than the steels and also the super lightweight wheels are 6kgs lighter than the sport wheels and 10 kgs than the standard wheels! I maintain ceramics are a must for people intending to drive very hard, track it etc and the mclaren people suggested the same.

Also the car has on board diagnostics and video cameras for trackdays as an extra..! A lot of the carbon bits look really nice, but i guess they will be really expensive and the price will sky rocket..

The chassis/suspension setup with the active system regulating hydraulically roll and yaw while keep the suspension soft at the straights might just prove to be light years ahead of competition. Apparently they pitted this car against pretty much everything out there (Ps, Fs, Lambos etc) and they say it scores better than even the P GT cars.. It has noticeably less understeer while at the same time exhibits no roll at all and is comfortable like a jag on normal mode.. Well they would say that, wouldn't they, but cant wait to see what the first tests show. I am trying to get a test drive for this fall.

hint; 0-200 is 9.5sec or less,  0-100 less the 3.4 secs. The 458 was measured around 10.3-10.5secs apparently.