Typically I am one of the first to receive a call to order the new Ferrari model. With the 458 as a result of an apparent miscommunication (they thought my interest was only in the Spider) I did not get the call. I am told it will be early next year for me to order. I assume I will get the call then but would not mortgage my house on it. I need to be in their face to show I am serious about. Up to now, I have not been.

Regarding allocations being reduced I am very dubious that is the case. Ferrari knows that many of its dealers need to sell a certain number of 458s to survive. This generates their used car business without which they would be out of business. The bigger problem has to do with dealer relationships. During the last recession, many dealers experienced turnover of sales staff. The newly hired staff come in with a potential client list while the old standby clients have to once again establish their relationship with the new staff. This slows done the process.

I suspect all new Ferrari's orders especially the 458 require the prior approval of the owner of the dealership. He/she decide who gets what and when. However, if the sales person does not advise the owner who is interested in the car then the owner may overlook some of his best customers.

P-Nut keep your place in line and when the time comes you can either accept or reject. it does not cost you anything.Smiley

--