Heist

Exactly as you said. 

arakis

Basically so that after her racing days are over, it's not impossible that she'll receive more invitations from other Racing Venues, as P 4/5 has more web pages about her than "World Peace", we can reconvert her into a street legal car that I can drive around and use in Events like the Historic Targa Florio.

Basically we're building a full race GT2.  Her street engine/gearbox/etc. will be removed and stored  and a full race engine/gearbox etc. will be engineered and installed.  We did a lot of Aero on P 4/5 and her Aero is very good.  She has twice the downforce of an Enzo, more balanced Downforce and lower drag.  P 4/5 Competizione will have the advantage of a large wing etc and we'll do wind tunnel testing.  The F430 GT2 is a very developed car and engine and has done well in endurance racing and there are a lot of spares and parts available at reasonable prices.  The 458 is a ways away and if we went that route we couldn't make 2011.  Basically endurance racing today is very equalised using air restriction and ballast so the performance differences are small.  The Ring requires a higher ride height than many race courses and a robust suspension so we will engineer and build for that.  As with P 4/5 which has over 200 uniquely engineered systems P 4/5 Competizione will have a lot of unique engineering building on what others have done.

For me this project is a throwback to the 60ies when Teams like my Friend's at NART took street drivable cars and went racing.  Until about 1967 Le Mans cars could be driven on the street to the Races and Raced quite successfully.  The last Ferrari to have won Le Mans is a car like that.and was built in a small shop in Greenwich using parts such as ignition wires from the local Auto Parts store because as Coco said: "The original Ferrari Wires were crap."   The Team we're using is a very well known Prototype and Racing Shop and the Person in charge is Paolo Garella who was Head of Special Projects at Pininfarina when P 4/5 was designed. engineered and built.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick unconverted P 4/5 Competizione up and put some breakin miles on her.  I'll stop at the building that once housed NART and let her feel the Ghosts.  We'll then head up Route 22 for a Cheeseburger at the Red Rooster as Coco, Tom Meade and I used to.0854 big.jpg