I hesitated to do the ECU the first couple of years but for the guys like myself who bought very early Cabs or especially the guys who bought the early coupes, it becomes less & less of a consideration as the remainder of the warranty clicks away.      

My dealer made me make 2 promises when he handed me back the keys yesterday; 1) To be cool especially in 1st & 2nd gear, before the tires warmed up, to learn the car all over again & 2) To call him when I got home to tell him how much I liked it. 

When I called back I told him top Execs at Porsche should go to jail for not selling the car with a similar tune. Smiley It's literally (kidding) a crime that they have deprived so many people of what the car feels like now.

But even with the owner of my dealer for the last 3 911's promising me that as long as I don't break the engine and have it towed from a racetrack he'll back any work that needs to be done I know it's a risky endeavor. But so is spending much more money on a tuners "alternative warranty" in the likelihood that no major issues arise.. Hey, we spend $50k every time we buy one of these cars with deprecation & that's not a small % for a potential problem like in the case of a blown motor, it's basically a certainty but we do it anyway. Many times we risk much more than the cost of a new engine in the stock market with nothing to show for it ... Or we take risks for the sake of adrenaline everyday even risking our own well being so in terms of the potential for a costly repair, risk/cost is all relative..............................Not saying you haven't lived life till you've your Turbo tuned,,,,,,,,well maybe I am.Smiley   

Right now I'm totally psyched, the reward is much greater than I had imagined..  

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet - 06 Ferrari F430 - 04 Durango HEMI - 04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle - 93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia