Rossi:
Didn't I tell you from the very beginning? Smiley 

You did Stefan Smiley

I visited the Atelier and production line yesterday and had a fantastic time. Two things really struck home for me. Firstly I really now don't like the standard wheel in either silver or RICS finish. It's funny but in photo's it looks better than the optional sports rim as it seems to have better proportions but in real life it's the complete reverse. The spokes of the standard wheel look too wide and "heavy" against the car IMHO whereas the sports wheel looks perfectly suited to the car.

The second surprise was the carbon fibre interior trim. There was a rosso corsa car in the Atelier with sports seats in black leather with black alcantara centres, black alcantara upper cabin and headlining, black alacantara strip running around the central sections of the doors, red stitch, red stripe up the centre of the seats. The dash insert trim, centre console, driving zone and door kick plates wera all in carbon fibre. It looked stunning. The carbon trim options are stupidly expensive but having seen so many cars with just the standard trim on the production line and final despatch area I can honestly say that the carbon fibre completely changes the look of the interior making the car feel far more special.

The majority of cars I saw were Rosso Corsa followed by Nero then Rosso Scuderia, a few in Giallo Modena, three in Bianco Fuji, a few in Bianco Avus, one in Silverstone one in Rosso Fuoco and one in matt black (didn't like this one at all). Interestingly there were no cars in blue of any shade to be seen.

I also visted the V12 production line to see a few additional colours and got a viewing of the new 599 GTO.... what a fantastic car Smiley The interior looks superb with the choice of technical fabric, satin carbon fibre and alcantara. It really transorms the look. I heard a couple running ad the noise is sublime. Anyone buying one of these is in for a real treat IMHO.