Gnil:

I have 3 boys,  aged 4,6 and 7.5  and I can't find the right car to buy as a family car.

What do you drive and how do you find it ?

At the moment I have a  7 seater ( Citroen C8 ) , same thing as Peugot 807, Renault Espace ,VW Sharan..

It' s a horrible car to drive, also bad quality, but it is very practical ( We can fit 7 persons + space luggage left , or 5 with bicycles in the back, it has sliding door that are very practical for my wife, and the car is not too big and fits in all our small parking spaces )

But I want to change it...but can't find anything Smiley

Touareg/ Cayenne don't have enough space in the back for 3 child seats  + no possibility for a friend to come along + quite big in town ( the latest is the smallest problem )

Mercedes class E  , Audi A6 Avant, BMW 5 series touring : also not 3 seats in the back. The middle one is uncomfortable on long distances + not sure I put 3 child seats in the back. The MB has a 3 rd in the trunk which is a good point.

New Sharan ?.... just a little bit better then the C8, but also horrible and I guess a real bore to drive.

Please, give me your input and experience. Thanks

In your situation there can be only one answer: The new VW Multivan!

I sat extensively in it at the Geneva motorshow and its fantastic!  Too big for me though as i have only one kid (but who knows....)

Great finish, huge space and clever usage of it, great engine (a 180 hp diesel), 4 wheel drive (which is essential going skiing in Switzerland IMO) and also goodlooking!  Only downside: fully loaded it costs 90k SFR! (but starts at 50k with a 2xd 'familiy' package only available in Switzerland according to the salesguy.

The new Sharan looks like a real 'stupid' family van next to it (they were parked close). Personally I dislike the long front feel and reclined A pillars of the cars like Sharan.  It ptobably is a good car nonetheless, but screams 'housewife"! The multivan doesnt.

Smiley

--

turbolite